The Furietti Centaurs are two statues in marble, discovered by Monsignor Furietti in December 1736 in the ruins of Hadrian’s Villa. They have since been kept in the Capitoline Museum.
The two statues depict a young, joyful centaur and a more sad, burdened centaur. The bases are inscribed in Greek with the names of Aristeas and Papias of Aphrodisias.
The statues are thought to be marble copies of bronze originals from the Greek part of the empire, commissioned by Hadrian for his new Villa.
- Folco Romanelli (sells bronze replicas of both centaurs).
Photo gallery for "Furietti Centaurs"
There are 2 photos in this gallery.